Photo by Dsade
- Meet the city’s alley dwellers. WAMU features longtime residents who have lived off the beaten path.
- A gang member who raped and trafficked teenage girls in Northern Virginia was sentenced to 50 years in prison. According to The Examiner, Rances Ulices Amaya would often carry a machete, told victims he “owned them” and threatened to hurt loved ones if they didn’t cooperate.
- Police in Montgomery County are searching for 31-year-old Raymal Thomas, of the Aspen Hill Area of Silver Spring, who has been missing since Friday’s stormy evening, NBC4 reports.
- Fiesta D.C., the Latin festival in Mt. Pleasant, may relocate to downtown. D.C. Wire reports that Mayor Vincent C. Gray’s office suggested Pennsylvania Avenue NW near the National Mall when some organizers requested a bigger location for the event.
- Arlington Public Schools continue to tighten teachers’ use of social media. A proposed policy will require teachers to register social media accounts used for instruction with their principals, as well as publicize the account to students’ parents, The Examiner reports.
- The “large insane puzzle” that is called the annual Post Hunt will start at noon today. The Lifestyle section details this team challenge event that has drawn hundreds of participants in the past few years.
- The Nationals won 2-0 against the Braves last night.