Let us come straight to the point, over a period of article we’ll check a guide to update SONY Ericsson Xperia Pro with Official ICS 4.0.4 firmware and it’s really an easy guide and requires least steps.
This update comes into as a big relief for all those people who wanted to apply an update. Be informed that this is not a custom ROM firmware but an official firmware by Samsung Electronics.
Important: We and even the developer won’t be responsible for any damage that takes place to your device while following these steps.
- The ROM we would see today is compatible only SONY Ericsson Xperia Pro. So, make sure you try this ROM only on this device, not any other device by any company.
- You must take back-up of all the internal data present in your phone like Logs, Contacts, messages, etc. with the help of backup applications.
- Battery should be charged enough in order to apply this update. 60% minimum is recommended from our side otherwise your phone may get switched off while the update process.
- Disable all antivirus suites in your computer as well as mobile so that update process may not get interrupted.
- Make sure USB debugging is enabled in your mobile. If not, you can do it by following the path – “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging” and after that USB debugging would be enabled in your phone.
- Now just make sure you follow the corresponding instructions properly.
How to Update SONY Ericsson Xperia Pro with Official ICS 4.0.4 Firmware
- Download the ICS 4.0.4 Firmware Package and save it onto your computer. After downloading, extract the same so as to get an .ftf file. Next, download the Flash tool and install it onto your computer.
- Grab the .ftf file you got from the extracted folder and then paste it to the path- “C:/Drive > flashtool > firmwares>” on your computer. Once you’re done, open flash tool in your computer.
- Connect your Ericsson Xperia pro to the computer with the help of USB cable.
- Click on the option “File option” and then select “flash mode” to click on “Ok”. You need to tick on ‘wipe user data’ and ‘wipe cache’. Click on “Ok” to initiate the process of firmware update and once it’s done, you will be notified about the same in the screen pop out.
You’ve successfully updated your Android device SONY Ericsson Xperia Pro with Official ICS 4.0.4 Firmware.