Your device will become a real ‘INCREDIBLE’ after you update your HTC Incredible to the all new ICS 4.0 based Custom ROM which is the AOKP build. This is a note to all those people who are still desperate to use the ICS Android 4.0 firmware in their device; this is the best firmware ever you would experience. The major plus of this ROM is it has excellent graphics which would improve your visual experience with the phone.
Note: Visit the Official unrevoked website and need to select the HTC Incredible device. Up next, you need to install the HBoot drivers in your computer if you are on the Windows based operating system. Ensure that your phone is already rooted.
Important: We and even the developer won’t be responsible for any damage that takes place to your device while following these steps.
- The ROM we would see today is compatible only with HTC Incredible. So, make sure you try this ROM only on this device, not any other device by any company.
- You must take back-up of all the internal data present in your phone like Logs, Contacts, messages, etc. with the help of backup applications.
- Battery should be charged enough in order to apply this update. 60% minimum is recommended from our side otherwise your phone may get switched off while the update process.
- Disable all antivirus suites in your computer as well as mobile so that update process may not get interrupted.
- Make sure USB debugging is enabled in your mobile. If not, you can do it by following the path – “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging” and after that USB debugging would be enabled in your phone.
- Now just make sure you follow the corresponding instructions properly.
Steps to Update HTC Incredible with ICS 4.0 Based AOKP Firmware
- Download AOKP ICS Build Firmware along with Google Apps Package directly to your Computer.
- Transfer the files you downloaded to your phone by connecting your phone to computer using USB cable.
- Disconnect the phone from the computer.
- Now we will have to enter the device into boot loader mode. To enter into boot loader mode, press and hold Volume Down + Power button. In boot loader mode, select the option ‘recovery’ to enter into recovery mode.
- In recovery mode, select ‘clear storage’ which would help you to clear all data on your phone. Up next, select ‘Install ZIP from SD card’ and on the next screen, select ‘Choose ZIP from SD card’ and then select the ‘AOKP ICS ROM file’ along with ‘Google Apps ZIP Package’ as you transferred both the files earlier and the installation process would start and finish in 5-8 minutes.
- Next up, in recovery mode, select ‘+++Go back+++’ and then ‘reboot System now’ and the device would restart into normal mode.
So, you’re done with the Android update!